Sideline Cheer Squad
Raiders Cheer Team
In fall 2022, the Raiders welcomed our very first Sideline Community Cheerleading Program!
This program was delivered by a VMFL certified cheer coach to ensure safe cheerleading skill development, spirit alongside the game of community football, in an all-inclusive environment. It is important to note that our program is not a competitive cheer program, but rather a sideline dance/cheer program.
Why Raiders Cheer?
All Raider programs must embody our Core Values of Excellence, Honour, Leadership, and Community. Like football, cheer embodies these important values. Our program was built with the following in mind:
- Discipline - an environment where preparation, practice and success aligns
- Sportsmanship - a focus on pride in successes and graceful acceptance of defeats, respect for fellow competitors
- Hard work - like with all sports, the effort put into improving skills will help achieve your full potential
- Community - by participating in activities both on and off the field cheer spreads spirit within the community
- Social skills - new friends, new places, and new opportunities to develop socially
- Leadership, Confidence, Self-Esteem - standing in front of an audience is no easy feat, cheer develops the skills to emerge as confident leaders both within the squad and throughout life
Cheer Programming for 2023
Focus: Developing skill and spirit!
Location: Practices are scheduled for Tuesdays at the Little Red Church in Comox. Game day performances will take place on Saturday at Woodcote Park (Spring) and Friday nights/Saturday at Bill Moore Park (Fall) in Courtenay.
Watch for our Cheer Squad in the Courtenay Canada Day Parade!
Who: This season we are hopeful for registration numbers that will allow us to have both a junior and senior division. We welcome everyone aged 6-18!