Each year over 150 families benefit from our non-profit football club. We are passionate about providing every kid a chance – a chance to learn how to be a unique individual yet work as a team, a chance to improve football skills, and maybe most importantly, a chance to embrace what it means to be a Raider. To practice in an environment that embraces our Core Values of honour, excellence, leadership, and community, we give kids hope that someone cares and wants to see them succeed and this opens the door to future opportunities.
Fundraising allows us to cover our expensive overhead and equipment costs while keeping our registration costs affordable.
How do we spend our fundraising dollars?
- Registration Fees: We pride ourselves in making football accessible to everyone, regardless of their family finances. In addition to keeping our registration fees affordable to most, every season we proudly sponsor any youth who lack the means (but have the desire!) to participate.
- Equipment: An important part of kids being on the field is being safe and protected. To ensure this is always the case, we supply full gear to all players (they supply their cleats and mouth guard). To fully equip each player our costs are approx. $700 - $1,000 per person, but with care we are able to use the equipment for more than one season. Each season a large portion of our budget is used to update and replace aging equipment.
We welcome you to join us at the Bill Moore field from August – November or at the Woodcote field from April – June to enjoy one of our games or practices. Let us know if we can send you a schedule!
2023 Fundraising Goals
This year our fundraising team is planning:
- Burger Social Night in Spring & Fall
- Bottle Drive
- 50/50 Sales (online & game day)
- Raiders Club Merchandise Sales
- Fall Concession
If you'd like to get involved, please send us an email! CVRaidersSecretary@gmail.com
Spring 2023 Social Night
A great way to get to know some of the other families from the field - and help us with our fundraising efforts this year! This year our efforts are focused on updating our football gear, flag equipment, and developing our cheer program. Join us for our Pub Night on May 9th if you'd like to help our cause, have some fun, and enjoy a burger!
Congratulations to our 2022 Online 50/50 Winner - M.MacDonald from Courtenay, BC Ticket #130694 who took home $1,933.50!!
Fundraising for our Fall 2022 Season!
This season most of our fundraising will be driven by a few fundraisers:
Game Day Concession
Our hot food concession has become known for tasty burgers and great tasting poutine and more! Plan to enjoy some concession food while cheering on the Raiders this season - payment via credit/debit/cash! (Our crew of volunteers who run the concession need YOU!! Please email Lindsay if you can volunteer for 1 game or many - LindsayRaiders2022@gmail.com.)
Online 50/50 Raffle
Last season our online raffle was a great success, with one lucky family winning $1,823.50!
Ticket sales available online to BC residents over the age of 19. Tickets sold until midnight on November 30th and the winner will be drawn on December 13th. BC Gaming Event Licence # 135513
- 1 for $2
- 3 for $5
- 8 for $10
Please follow the link below for full raffle details and rules of play!
Become a Sponsor
Thank You in advance for your Help!
Request a copy of our Sponsorship Package to review the opportunities we have available. Have an idea about how you can help youth in our community - let us know! Email us at CVRaidersTreasurer@gmail.com.
A Huge Thank you to Some of our Previous Sponsors
We would like to acknowledge and appreciate the financial support of the Province of British Columbia through Community Gaming Grants. These funds enable us to keep our registration fees reasonable while providing safe equipment for all players.
We would also like to acknowledge some of our past local corporate sponsors!